Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Project(s)



Let me just say I am not a good photographer.  Sure, I wish I was, and I see the beautiful photographs that other people take and I seethe (I mean seethe) with jealousy.  But I am just not patient enough to learn about aperture and focal distance and how to work all the whatchamacallit settings and doodads on even my point-and-shoot -- so I guess my below-amateurish skill level is on me.

In addition to being impatient, I'm also very lazy.  Even though I carry my little point-and-shoot with me (in a purse that seems to be a bottomless pit) I rarely use it.  When I take a spontaneous picture, its usually on my cell phone.  There is something about cell-phone camera pictures that I love.  Maybe it's their inherent spontaneity, or the slightly fuzzy "real-life" quality of them.  But I find that those images capture the moment so much better than I am able to do with a "real" camera.


Anyhoodle, I've decided to start a new project based on my love of my lil' cell phone camera!

The rules:

(1) Photos must be taken with my cell phone camera.

Actually, that's the only rule. Sometimes I like to edit the pics with filters from Snapbucket, and the phone itself has a few setting, but they are - for the most part - SOOC.

I'm going to try to do this everyday for a year! (sort of a pseudo New Years resolution)

And since this is the first post in my little project - BONUS PIC:



What do you think? Will this project keep me busy and the cabin-fever blues at bay? I always feel a little funky when I'm between teaching jobs.

What about you? What passions (hover small) do you have? What projects will you begin this year?

1 comment:

  1. Is your dad eating a sandwich with a spoon? If you post a picture like that every day I will be quite entertained!

    I feel like I need more creative projects too. Very important to have hobbies!

    ReplyDelete